Below are frequently asked questions (FAQ) about indoor go kart racing at Lehigh Valley Grand Prix. If you have a question you do not see below please feel free to call us at 1.610.432.RACE.
During the closure the team at LVGP has worked hard to prepare for reopening. There are some new processes in place to ensure a fun and safe experience.
- Customers can pay and book online for races! This will reduce the number of interactions at the facility.
- Drivers can create their racer profile prior to arriving at the facility.
- The safety video will now be observed in the pits while seated in the go karts.
- Helmets will be sanitized using UVC light as well as disinfectant spray. Customers are no longer permitted in the helmet room. An attendant will assist.
- Full Face head socks are now required.
- Go karts will be sanitized after each use with a disinfectant fogger.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Masks or our new full face head socks are required to be warn in the facility.
- Tables and seating areas have been spaced out to accommodate distancing.
- Interior doors will be propped open to allow less contact within the facility. Doors leading to track area will have foot opening capabilities.
- Staff members will be dedicated to ongoing cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day.
How do I get to LVGP?
What is a “race” at LVGP?
Each race is timed at 8-minutes and the average customer races 10-15 laps during the allotted time. Each lap is timed to the thousandth of a second and all racers receive a detailed time sheet after the race. The racer with the single fastest lap time wins the race. Maximum of 10 racers on the track at once.
Special Formats such as: Team Endurance Races and Position Racing Available for private events.
Can anyone race at LVGP?
The track is open to the general public 7 days a week. However, corporate events, leagues and other special events are sometimes held at the track. If we are not open to the public during a specific time, it will be posted on our Calendar.
The minimum age to race at LVGP is 8 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present to sign a waiver.
Can I race with my child?
Unfortunately, insurance does not permit junior karts and adult karts on the track at the same time. If your child is under the age of 15 they must race in a junior heat. If any junior racers reach a single lap time of under 36 seconds (recently changed with new track layout) or faster, they are permitted to graduate to an adult kart (height permitting, 54 inches). Juniors that have already qualified are grandfathered in and do not need to qualify again.
What should I wear to go karting?
The track is ventilated, so the temperature on the track is similar to the track outside. In the summer, it is very warm on the track. In the winter, it is much cooler. Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals or high heels allowed)! Currently, we also require masks to be worn inside the facility.
Can I bring my own equipment?
LVGP provides helmets and neck braces for all racers. Customers are allowed to bring their own helmet, as long as it has a full-face shield. All customers must drive the karts provided by LVGP. No outside vehicles are allowed.
Can I make reservations?
What are the benefits of organizing an event?
Reserved Racing: When you hold an event at LVGP, your races are reserved exclusively for your group.
Complimentary Room Rental: Enjoy the privacy of either our Party Room or Conference Room for the duration of your race time. The Conference Room at LVGP is equipped with full audio-visual capability and is the ideal setting for presentations and business meetings. The Party Room offers a more exciting atmosphere, with additional seating and a track-side viewing area.
Catering: Choose from a variety of catering options, as listed on the LVGP Catering Menu.
FREE LVGP Racing License: Includes birthday race not to be used with event. Current license holders will have their license renewed for 1 year from that day.
How are events priced?
For event packages and pricing CLICK HERE to email our sales team!
Race Hours Monday-Thursday 2pm-10pm Friday 2pm-9pm Saturday 12pm-9pm Sunday 12pm-7pm Octane Hours Monday 5pm-10pm Tuesday-Wednesday Closed Thursday Temporarily Closed Friday Temporarily Closed Saturday Temporarily Closed Sunday Temporarily Closed Axe Throwing Hours Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday Closed Friday Private Parties Only- firstname.lastname@example.org Saturday Private Parties Only- email@example.com Sunday Closed View Our Event Calendar